Monday, December 3, 2007

Tom, Carrrie and Clare Marie

Tom and Carrie: Why is it that I always seem to shoot your photos in extreme weather?!

I shot Tom and Carrie's engagement photos bright and early one morning when it was 20 degrees outside with frost all over the ground, (and they didn't have warm clothes)...their wedding was on the HOTTEST day of our whole summer a few years back. And now, yesterday, I have them outside with their new baby, Clare, in stormy cold, windy, sleet. We actually had to postpone the shoot day due to snow! We had a good 20 minutes outside before the clouds burst forth with sleet, wind and rain at a mere 33 degrees.

I promise you guys, next time we will chose a mild day, with no wind, rain, snow, frost, sunstroke, or dehydration!

It was great to spend time with you, even though we kept you in Bellingham many hours too long! It was a joy to be with your family again.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

3 comments:

Tom & Carrie Herring said...

Jewels,

I LOVE YOU! You are such a wonderful friend; not to mention an amazing photographer. Thank you so much for braving the elements for us yesterday, it was great to see you guys. And no worries about the extreme conditions in which we seem to always try to take photos...it always makes it an adventure! :)

Kaz said...

Shooting in the extreme elements always makes things harder. Lovely family group... would like to see the focus a bit more spot on.
How's the arm feeling?
-Kaz

Jennifer Fawbush said...

Jewels, I can't figure out why my comments won't work on my page...I select it and it doesn't change a thing, BUT I can comment you all I want!

I love looking at your pictures, Jewels! Someday I will commission you to do my family. Maybe we'll be four by then.

This family is adorable! Their Christmas card pictures will be the talk of the town!