Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Kubs and Susan's Hair

The Kubanda's have been my 2nd family for as long as I can remember. Justine, their daughter, and I have lived more like sisters than friends. (I have the scars to prove it!) One of my most memorable summer's was the time I lived in Tucson with Justine and her grandparents, Nonna and Nunu. Nonna and Nunu not only employed me at their landscaping company, but also gave me room and board with Justine. Among the many "lessons" I learned while down there, I will never forget Nunu murmuring, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." If you know Nunu, and his strong Italian background, you'd understand this better. His sayings continue to encourage me daily!

Anyways, during a quick visit to my hometown a couple weeks ago, I was able to snap a few photos of Mike and Susan, and their son Carman. Their other children, Justine and Gabe, live in other states, but we had to get the photos quick because Susan's hair was about to fall out. Almost 2 months ago, Susan was diagnosed with lymphoma breast cancer. She quickly began chemotherapy, but wanted some photos of her hair before it all fell out!

I learned that the morning after we did the photos, she awoke to the first strands of lost hair on her pillow. Christmas Morning (in Tucson, at Nonna and Nunu's house!) I still have yet to see what it looks like now! I'm sure it can't look that crazy since she has such a beautiful face!

Cheers,
jewels

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments: