Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lindsey + Andrew

It was a beautiful Saturday morning that I spent shooting photos for Lindsey, Andrew and Dymphna. Who is Dymphna you might ask? Well, she is the pet chicken (yes...I did say chicken). After the initial shock wore off in regards to having a chicken as a pet, I grew very curious about having a pet chicken. I can assure you, Dymphna was super soft, fun, tame, and potty trained...well, sort of potty trained. Lindsey is an excellent seamstress, and sews diapers for her Dymphna. She learned how by purchasing diapers from chickendiapers.com. I didn't know there was such thing as chicken diapers (let alone a website for them) until I met Dymphna! I love it when people bring props and pets to their photo shoot. Though I cannot always guarantee perfect pet portraits, they sure do make the event fun! Lindsey and Andrew, I had a wonderful time walking along the bay with you. And even though we couldn't find your rock, maybe now you can have the "bench" whenever you visit! Enjoy the photos!

Cheers,
jewels

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

19 comments:

Deb said...

Beautiful job!!! Absolutely love the 2nd bench one! Color and perpsective are outstanding!!!

Kristina said...

These are beautiful. I really like the ones where you shot through the grasses, and your textured one is so moody and fits perfectly with that photo!

lcp said...

Wow! You have some really wonderful images here! I can't pick a favorite. Looks like such a fantastic location and the slideshow is a great idea!

Stacey said...

These shots are great. I love how original they are. Very creative. Great colors and sharp photos. Nice work.

Bobbi said...

Beautiful work Jewels. I love that 2nd b/w of them and the bench shot is perfection.

Nicole said...

Wait you didn't share any with the chicken!!! come on, with a lead in like that you got to share a chicken lllOLLL. Really these are so gorgeous, the light is beautiful.

Jess said...

These are FANTASTIC!!!! What a beautiful couple and location. Your slideshow was GREAT, their chicken is actually CUTE and I don't usually care for chickens, lol! What fun! :)

pat said...

Nice, Jewells!! Great location. I really like that shot of them on the bench; great textures going on! And, off-topic, on the way up to Skagit I told ML it was too bad we hadn't planned this further in advance so we could arrange a meet with you there... We are going to try to get up your way this summer in the GOOD weather!

Gypsy Girl said...

These are wonderful. The one of them sitting on the bench is so sweet. Great sunflare. They aregoing to love them.

Krista P said...

Love the sunflare! Great shots.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

These are wonderful! I can't believe they have a pet chicken! How fun!

Scrapper88 said...

Such great shots, love the bench!! Hmm... pet chicken never heard that before. But these look super fun!

Becky said...

these are so sweet. i really love the conversion you did on that first bench shot. great photos!!

Suzy said...

Beautiful work! I love the texture you used on the sitting pose!

Becky said...

You have such a creative and interesting style--I love it!
I have heard of pet chickens, but the idea of a website for chicken diapers cracks me up!

Donnah C said...

Pet chicken - that is too funny. You did an awesome job. I love the man's face when he is posing with the chicken! I really love your black and white one of the kiss, it is perfect.

Lindsey said...

Hi! This is Lindsey... I am so pleased with these pictures! One correction though- the web address is chickendiapers.com (I just wanted to make sure people got to the right place).

Thanks again Julie! We had so much fun!

April said...

these looks great. that's funny about the chicken. they look so happy.

cherie said...

beautiful shots !!!!