Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Live at Red Rocks

I just returned home from Atlanta, and since I took absolutley no photos during my visit, I'm posting more photos from my adventures in Vegas. I realized how little I posted about that crazy city. The first day in Vegas, Aaron and I went tooling around in the great outdoors. I was amazed by the landscape at Red Rocks. I studied Geology in school, but realized how much I don't know about the geologic history of Red Rocks! Anyone care to fill me in? While I wait your responses, enjoy some photos of our adventures there!



Photobucket


Some funky ancient hieroglyphics.

Photobucket


Aaron on a photo hunt!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


I love fungus...

Photobucket

Photobucket


This rock looks like a bunny/monkey/sphinx, crazy huh?!

Photobucket

Photobucket

22 comments:

Tracy said...

That one looks like an elephant sphinx to me... lol. 14 days until my trip to Vegas. K, now that you are home I expect more pictures!

Nicole said...

Wow those are amazing rocks. I really like the composition of the last one.

Margaret said...

Love your shots! The red rocks are beautiful. I love the brilliant blue sky.

Stacey said...

Beautiful shots. I love the composition and colors on these. Great job.

Donnah C said...

Gorgeous images. I am in love with the fungus.

Mandy said...

Outstanding color Jewels! Wow. The blue of the sky and the color of the fungus (wow...that is pretty beautiful fungus...those are are two words I never thought I would say together) are just amazing.

Glad you are back with us. I miss seeing your amazing photos.

Reds said...

Wow! I want to go!! Love the colours - the rocks - everything!

Bobbi said...

These are beautiful Jewels! I just love all the color and that fungus is too cool.

Becky said...

Beautiful! I was fascinated by the red rocks too when I visited Arizona last spring, and by the heiroglyphics (although I was suspicious that they weren't "ancient" and that our tour guide had placed them there recently ha ha.)

Jen said...

WOW! Just beautiful color! Nice!

Jess said...

OK, let me go pick my jaw up off the floor now! These are AMAZING! I can't even find the right words! I wanna go there!

pakosta said...

wow~! very pretty shots!
tara

Tori said...

these are really awesome! i love the bright colors on the fungus shots.

Mom2Drew said...

I've got red rocks in my backyard and LOVE them. We've got ones that look like kissing camels, in fact...it's called kissing camels.

Love the fungus too!

Angela2932 said...

I love the one with the little fence! And whoever would have thought that fungus would look so cool!

Debbi said...

Beautiful!

Aaron said...

The freaky blue sky, it was so amazing!! Great images!! you do fan-double-tastic work!
-Aaron

Emily Weaver Brown said...

oh wow this is awesome scenery !

Sharon said...

Great captures!!

Suzy said...

Great shots and what a pretty place!

pat said...

Jewells, LOVE these. The DOF on A's photo rocks. We just had to cancel a trip next week to Vegas/So. Utah, and these photos really make me sad; we were going to Red Rock Canyon and Valley of Fire. Love those red rocks against the blue sky. AND--that FUNGUS!!! Man, that is seriously psychedelic!!

Aaron said...

Yep still hunting for those photos:(.