Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ice Cream Scoopers

Yup, ice cream scoopers are the cupped hands the kids make while learning how to swim. I really had never thought of using my hands as ice cream scoopers while swimming, but the idea is purely GENIOUS! :) Madeline finished up her first session of swim lessons at Bayside Pool. She did a great job, but we are still working out the fear factor of swimming! Both Chris and I such fishes, its hard to understand Madeline's fear of water. We are so excited for her 1 on 1 lessons with our dear friend, Lindsay Williams, which will begin this Saturday at the Bellingham Country Club. Hopefully we'll get her to dunk, jump, and then use those ice-cream scoopers for swimming!

Cheers,
jewels

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

10 comments:

Cari said...

These are wonderful! I love, love, love that second one..the perspective is awesome!!!
Cari

Amy said...

Great shots, what a cutie! Neat perspective of the lifeguard!!

Stacey said...

I enjoy your blog so much. The perspective you take are fascinating. I love them all.

Mandy said...

Oh my word! That one with the lifegard is a riot. I love to see the summer fun you guys are having. Its awesome.

Gypsy Girl said...

Nice color and great details.

Jess said...

Ice cream scoopers! Genius!

These are fabulous Jewels! I'm so glad you are doing this for her, it will make a WORLD of difference! I love the lifeguard "pirate"- ROFLMAO!

Michelle said...

how awesome that you are taking her to swim lessons! and you are documenting it too--awesome mom! love the first pic and the way you framed her in. the lifeguard shot cracks me up.

Suzy said...

There is something about that first shot that just gets to me! I think it's perfect, and I love your style and pp. You've really captured a fun summer day here!

Margaret said...

Love your shots. I can smell the chlorine from here! Such great images of summer! That lifeguard shot is fabulous! :)

Mary said...

Looks like fun!