Monday, October 20, 2008

Good Mail

So a year or so ago, I joined a bunch of friends and foes (well not foes... but it sounded good) with goodmail! What is goodmail? Well, you have a list of addresses from everyone in the group, and whenever you feel like it you send goodmail to people. It could be a card, candy, note. I've received yarn, vintage piano music, notebooks, chocolate! :) There are no rules besides that! I mean, we all get icky bills, ads, and who knows what else in our boxes, why not a package here or there?! I love it, and since I've been a horrible goodmail sender, I was surprised to find a package in the mail from my friend Stephani! :) I have to say it completely made my day! And you know what else came in the mail the same day? (Of course not, because you don't check my mail...) A really cute halloween card from my photog friend, Val, all the way from New York! :) Thanks Val!

Cheers,
jewels

Photobucket

Photobucket

12 comments:

pat said...

My DD is in a "goodmail" group and loves both the sending and receiving. It always seems that something shows up in her mailbox just when she needs a boost.

S.Kremer said...

What an awesome idea...I may have to steal it...LOL!
Shawna (shawkrem)

Steph :o) said...

You're very welcome, you darling person!! See you at MOPS! :o)

Mandy said...

Now I could totally go for some GOOD MAIL, especially with all of those goodies inside. I love candy to a fault I think.

I really love your new watermark too...that is just great!

Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog, Love!

M.

Reds said...

That is such a great idea!! Would love to get good mail!!! And that card is too cute!!

Jess said...

That IS good mail! I love getting stuff besides bills. But I am horrible at reciprocating, I am probably the worst pen pal EVER! LOL

Becky said...

Love the goodmail idea. I think I would have known that was a "thevalerie" card--I recognize her beautiful style.

Margaret said...

Goodmail is a fabulous idea. How fun! It is always exciting to receive something fun in the mail!

Suzy said...

I love the idea of good mail! I think I'll start doing it on my own. What fun!

Cindi Koceich said...

What a fun idea!! Great way to life someone's spirits!!

Val said...

Yay! My card made it! :-)

RAE said...

I really like this idea. We get soooo much crap mail (bills, bills and more bills) that something good in the mail would really perk up my day. Is this thru 2ps?