Sunday, January 3, 2010

Birthday Inspriation

Clara's first birthday is in a couple months, so I've begun planning for the big ONE! :) A birthday she will never remember--but an exciting time to celebrate the first year of life! Here is my first inspiration board for her day. I'll try to dig up links to each photo--but honestly I don't remember where on the internet I found some of the photos...oops.
Photobucket

I love how this turquoise dress is playful like the tulle and tissues peppered in the above photo--and the color pops against the peaches and pinks. I think I'll find a less expensive metallic pink shoe and add some vintage clip-on eeners (that's what we call earrings in our fam). Time to make a run to the antique mall!!
Photobucket
Dress: I Love Gorgeous Shoes: I Pinco Pallino

And for food? I'm toying with the idea of crepes. Peach fillings, apple fillings, and a lemon curd. (I always have chocolate shavings to go on top too). And since there will be a few babies there, I might do a baby version of a peach and apple compote!

Cheers,
jewels

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

jewels said...

Thanks for the compliments! I was dying to know who the anonymous poster might be, so I checked my blog stats and traced it back via their ISP. ;)