Friday, May 21, 2010

Clara's First Haircut

Let's just clarify something here. The 80's are totally in and hot right now... and IN the 80's what were 2 hot hairstyles? I don't even have to say one of them, we all know the MULLET was they way to go, but please tell me besides aquanet bangs a mile high, the rat tail was kinda cool?? Well today Clara lost both (not the aquanet bangs). Her signature rat tail, that had grown into a pretty rockin mullet got snip sniped. I'll be honest this was a tough decision for me, but my darling husband kept reminding me that rat tails were NOT the "IN" thing for baby girls. Ok Ok, I get it I get it.

Of course I could have just cut the thing off myself, but why do that when our favorite hair salon is 5 minutes away? I've been using Mandy, the owner of Studio Galactica, for the last 8 years. If we ever had to move, I think I would budget a trip back up to Bellingham just to use her (My mom, who lives three hours away already does). She's awesome. Mandy cut Madeline's hair for the first time (I blogged about it here, like 3 years ago), so of course I had to have her cut Clara's too.

Sooooo we brought Clara in for her 9am appointment and watched as that little tuft of hair said goodbye. She sat on Chris' lap while Madeline fed her Cheerios. And as much as she hates her hair being touched, she did good. No tears, only a little bit of confusion. I will say, she looks cute and I'm sure most of you would agree!

Cheers,
jewels

Julie Harrell

Julie Harrell

Julie Harrell

Julie Harrell

Julie Harrell

Baby Belly :)
Julie Harrell

Julie Harrell

And all done!
Julie Harrell

2 comments:

Ari & Shane said...

Love the rat tail, but think her hair is much cuter now :D Nice shot of your belly too!!

Julie said...

Awww... she looks so cute! (And a lot like you, I might add.) :)