Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Spring Ballet Recital

It's the end to another year of dancing for Madeline, and like most studios, we said farewell to the year with a Spring Recital. This is Madeline's 3rd year (well last year we only did 1/2 the year due to soccer conficts) of dancing at Dancing For Joy. We are so in love with the mission, teachers, business philosophy, and goals of this company. This spring dancers took to the stage in "Let There Be..." a show walking, er I mean dancing through the 7 days of creation. I am refreshed and encouraged at the end of each performance, and not to mention every recital produced by DFJ. I remember my own childhood dance recitals. They mostly seemed to be a series of random dances starting with the lower classes and working up to the more advanced classes. Sometimes there would be a story or theme, but nothing seemed cohesive. I love that with each DFJ recital I can not just "sit through" but acutally look forward to and enjoy every dance. Thanks DFJ for a wonderful year. We've been blessed by your presence in our community! I think every town needs a DFJ ;)

Cheers,
jewels

Julie Harrell

Julie Harrell

Julie Harrell

0 comments: